Export Project Data: Advance Steel Project Export
In this article, you will learn how to export all the required project files from Advance Steel.
Step 1: Export Project IFC
To export the project IFC file from Advance Steel follow the below guidelines:
Step 2: Export Project KSS
To export the project KSS file from Advanced Steel follow the below guidelines:
Step 3: Get PDF files
PDF files that contain assembly drawings are optional, however, if you want to have PDF drawing files available on the tablet, please get them from the detailer.
If you obtained such files from the detailer, please make sure that the files correspond to the following:
- PDF Assemblies (in folder)
- Contains individual *.pdf files for each assembly. The PDF file name should start with the assembly name (i.e. “B1000-r0.pdf”)
- If an assembly requires more than one PDF, they should be merged into one file (i.e. “B1000-1-r0” and “B1000-2-r0” should be combined and saved as “B1000-r0”).
- If hyphens are used in assembly names, they must be reflected and present in the PDF file name.
- PDF Parts (in folder)
- Contains individual PDF files for each part;
- Should use the same naming convention as an assembly PDF.
Step 4: Create ZIP
1. To place multiple files into a zip folder, select all the files while hitting the Ctrl button.
2. Right-click on one of the files, move your cursor over the “Send to” option and select “Compressed (zipped) folder”.
The resulting ZIP file will contain all the selected files and will be named after the file that you right-clicked on.
1. Locate the items to zip in the Mac Finder (file system).
2. Right-click on a file, folder, or files you want to zip.
3. Select “Compress Items”.
4. Find the newly created .zip archive in the same directory.
If it's your first time assembling the files, use this form.
If you have assembled the files before, use this guide.