In this article, we will describe how to get started using your HoloLens 2.
1. Familiarize yourself with the Hololens and how it operates.
Refer to Using the HoloLens 2 for more information.
2. Download the FabStation-STEEL app from the Microsoft store onboard the device.
Refer to Installing the HoloLens App for more information.
3. Connect the HoloLens to your company through the web portal.
Refer to Managing Hardware for more information.
Connecting to the Tablet
The HoloLens and Tablet function together through the FabStation application.
Once you have reached the assembly and selected it, you should see a screen similar to the one on the right.
4. Select Auto-Fab.
This will show a new screen that will allow you to select which device you would like to connect to.
5. Choose your HoloLens.
If you do not see your device, try resyncing your tablet application.
Work with HoloLens
Once tablet part is done, proceed with the HoloLens one.
1. Open the FabStation application on the HoloLens. Once opened, it will connect automatically to the tablet application.
2. Once all the circles have a green checkmark, you can start aligning an assembly as per this guide.
Auto-Fab uses the same controls as Fab-Assist.
Your FabStation application on the Hololens may have to install updates before the assembly is loaded.